The Differences of KVM and OpenVZ, Help me to pick the right one | Web Hosting Forum

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The Differences of KVM and OpenVZ, Help me to pick the right one

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by MrMouse, Jun 9, 2017.

1. MrMouse

MrMouse New Member

Money:
    $0
    Hello folks!
    I'm looking to rent VPS hosting but I'm not sure which type is the right for me?

I'm currently hosting my WordPress website with Bluehost but my website is really slow loading regardless of the location. The support told me to optimize plugins and change theme but I don't have any pluggins except SEO and Cache plugin.

Friend of mine suggested to transfer my website to VPS plan with cyberhour but again I'm not sure which type of virtualization to select and if I can manage it by my self. I have some basic linux skills.

Just to mention that my blog receive ~800visits daily.

Can you please help me out?

CyberHour likes this.
  2. Pokie

Pokie New Member

Money:
    $0
    Hey Mouse!

I would say that for general use OpenVZ is more suitable plus is more newbie friendly.

Also OVZ is less expensive versus KVM , for your traffic I advise you to pick Home OpenVZ with 2GB of RAM

Check the plans here: OpenVZ VPS Hosting

Managing a VPS is not hard at all, you can install an free control panel like Webuzo Panel (or even ask the guys from CyberHour to install it for you for free).

Then is just like regular shared hosting, add your domain and upload your backup :)

Cheers!

CyberHour likes this.
  3. LordOfMud

LordOfMud New Member

Money:
    $0
    If you have the budget go with KVM otherways go with OpenVZ , nothing to be afraid with CyberHour ! Best hosting ever <3

CyberHour likes this.
  4. CyberHour

CyberHour Administrator
    Staff Member

Money:
    $20
    Hello @MrMouse and welcome to our community!

Since we are not overselling our services and we always monitor our nodes , we guaranty high performance with both ! You are free to go with any of our offshore vps hosting solutions.

If your applications/projects requires windows os you should go with KVM VPS plan on which we provide Windows Server with 180 days license.

You can view our KVM plans here.
    and our OpenVZ hosting plans here.

If you have more pre-sale questions, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best Regards,
    CyberHour